Landsat Image Activity
- Describe the topography/geography of the land.
- Dry or Wet? How can you tell?
- Why does the topography/geography of the county look the way it does based on the location?
- What are the main uses of the land? Explain how you determined your answer.
- How do they water (irrigate) their crops?
- Look at the estimated rainfall for the state of Nebraska. Estimate the rainfall for this county.
- What is providing the farmers the water they need to irrigate their crops?
- In the upper right hand corner of the image explain the unique topography of the land that you see.
- In the middle of the image you can see different shade of green. Describe what you think might be the answer to this mystery.
- Name the National Wildlife Refuge found in this county.
- What is the river that flows in the bottom portion of this county? Why is the image appear red around the river?